Enjoy

Mr Lynch: The question was "Who wrote Hamlet?" You wrote "The Pope's cousin, Count Pope-ula, a magical monster with pencils for arms.
Brendon: I'll be honest, Mr. Lynch. I made that one up.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Zonoscope




Cut Copy's - Zonoscope (2-04-2011)


I thought I'd write a quick review on this, since I was pretty bummed about it.


             So yea, Zonoscope, Cut Copy's first album in 3 years and this is the best they could do? I was so looking forward to this album and I'm not saying I don't like it, in fact I would recommend it to any 80's night pop fan,  it's just that I was hoping for more. If you compare it to Ghost Colors(2008 album) it sounds like they went backwards, instead of learning off that album and going forward. Zonoscope just seems rushed and over produced, which doesn't make sense since they spent 3 years on it. All in all though a good album, they just about got rid of the guitars and got heavy with the synths and candy keyboards, which is almost needed nowadays to keep up with all the new wave thats out now. Anyway, if your a Cut Copy fan(or an 80's fan), after your initial disappointment you'll grow to like it. 


Best songs on album:
"Take Me Over"
"Need You Now"
"Pharaohs & Pyramids"



8/10
An Extra point for this hilariously awesome video.



No comments:

Post a Comment